Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New Opportunities, New Beginnings

January 1st 2011!  Wow how did that happen?  This past year has flown by.  Sadly I would have to say that this past year ranks up there with my least favorites.  I am happy to bid adieu to 2010 and look upon the year 2011 as  a time that will be full of opportunities.

I won't be making resolutions as I agree with Mrs. Pom and her take on resolutions.  Simply put they set us up for failure and unfortunately many common resolutions have become as commercialized as the holiday season itself, in particular those resolutions around fitness and health.  What I will be doing however is revisiting my 11 Things and reflecting on them and figuring out how I can initiate change in each of these eleven areas of my life.   I am looking at 2011 as the year of movement and new beginnings.  Moving away from the eleven things that do not benefit me in my life and towards healthier living.  Part of that healthier living will include moving more and eating less... my mantra of late,  making time to nurture myself so that I am able to turn around and share that positive energy with my family, prioritizing friendships that are reciprocal and healthy and on the flip side of that working towards letting go of relationships that tend to be one sided and draining, and returning to the best me that I can be full of optimism, compassion, empathy and positivity.

Here's to the blessings of a New Year.

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails