Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook Week 2


Outside my window...I see the darkness of a cold winter's night.  The impending blizzard has us home tonight and tomorrow.  Brrrrrrr.....



I am thinking...that staying home and staying safe and sound inside my warm house tomorrow will be sheer bliss.  Movies, candy, hot cocoa, homemade pizza, snow shoveling with the new toro oh my!  Not to mention some time taking beautiful photos of the snow.  I can't wait! 



I am thankful for...windows that open when the door closes and second chances.   



From the kitchen...this week so far: homemade sauce and meatballs, beef stew from scratch and pizza with dough from scratch; not to mention toll house chocolate chip cookies and hopefully banana bread and maybe lemon cookies tomorrow.  Oh I forgot to mention Nanny's Irish bread.  The kitchen has been very busy over the last few days.  Enough done to tide us over for a bit!


I am wearing...my blue marshmallow pj's!  They are soft and cozy and when I see myself in them they remind me of fluffy marshmallows.  Strange huh?  I love being cozy in my pjs!



I am creating...a time line for the work that is being done on 40 M.  I am also continuing to work on my January calendar page.  I love it!  I have used several different mediums;  pen and ink, pencil, crayon, liquid water color and water soluble oil pastels all in winter colors.  I also did some outlining in dimensional paint.  When it is done to my satisfaction I will post a photo on my blog.  


I am going to...go see Greg Mortenson, the author of Three Cups of Tea at Bridgewater University in March.  I read his book and was quite inspired by his work.  I think it will be fascinating to hear him speak in person. 



I am reading...educational articles on sensory integration disorders.   



I am hoping...that  we will get so much snow that school will be cancelled at least through Thursday!  Wouldn't that be great?  It would be like being on vacation again.  We'll see. 



I am hearing...sounds of N playing his newest Mario Brother's game.  The game is fun but the sound effects are a bit annoying.  



Around the house...I see opportunities for improvement in my organization skills.  



One of my favorite things...is the anticipation that surounds the possibility of a bonus day off from school!  We know that we will be home tomorrow as our district has already made that decision so the anticipation isn't the same tonight but that's ok.



A few plans for the rest of the week: work on organizing the living room,  enjoy the snow day with the children, learn how to use the new electric snow shovel, give some thought to what my class will be doing next week when the licensure comes to visit(eek!).   



Here is picture I am sharing..


These are the green trees I painted at the ceramic studio.  I love them.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails