Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook Week 3


Outside my window...I see the rainy night.



I am thinking...that I will be happy when this week is over.  Big doings at work this week.  We're ready and up for the challenge but it will be nice to have the anticipation taken out of the equations. 



I am thankful for...my wonderful children who amaze me on a daily basis!



From the kitchen...I have bananas crying out to be mashed and turned into banana bread, pork roast ready for final preparations for tomorrow's dinner and a few bites of anise tea cookies on the counter.  



I am wearing...my school clothes still!  I should be in my cozy PJ's but my back is giving me trouble and I don't want to make the trek upstairs until I'm ready for bed.  So back to the question at hand...I have dark tan khakis, a white button up shirt and a red boiled wool zip up cardigan. Oh I also have on my toasty slippers.



I am creating...a new photo journal.  I've posted about this already and am happy to say that I picked up a 60 page multi media spiral bound art book at Michaels over the weekend.  It was more $ than I would typically spend on myself, but I am happy I took the plunge.  I have a dozen or so photos printing via Winkflash that will be here by the end of the week.  I can't wait to arrange them in my book and do some old fashioned writing!  Love they typing in my online journals but I can't wait to put pen to paper!  I'll scan my page and post it on my blog, hopefully early next week!  



I am going...to attend N's student of the month ceremony at his middle school tomorrow.  I am so lucky to be able to go into work late to attend this very special ceremony.  It will be a surprise to him and I know he will be so proud of himself.  I know that I am very proud of all of his efforts in school.  It is exciting to be able to share his success with his first teachers at my school.  They are proud of him too. 



I am reading...well not much right now.  I am hoping to be reading some educational professional development online but have yet to receive the user name and password.  I'm a little frustrated as the company has my $100 and I have nothing as of yet.  



I am hoping...that we get a snow storm on Thursday into Friday.  One of the families said they heard we might get 6 inches.  I love snow days.  I have Friday off but would love to have a snow day with my children.  That is the best part of this time of year.



I am hearing...the drip, drip, drip of the rain coming down the rainspout.  Brrrrrr cold rain. The sound of N's pages turning also serves as a back drop as I type not to mention the audio of NCIS playing on TV. 



Around the house...I see stuff everywhere!  I had the house cleaned yesterday but now you would never know that I picked up anything!



One of my favorite things...is to create and to contemplate creativity.  



A few plans for the rest of the week: Student of the Month, working on n's toga costume, visit at work from licenser and then some well deserved relaxation on Friday.  Should be a busy but good week.



Here are two pictures I am sharing..





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails