Sunday, July 22, 2012

Our Word View - Majestic

What is Our Word View?  A collaboration between two friends who lost touch over the years but have reconnected online.  We share a love of the ocean, photography, quotes, animals and family.  Often times our photographic interpretations of our word of the week are very similar.

This week Liz chose the word MAJESTIC.  This was a bit difficult for me to wrap my brain around.  When I think of the word majestic my mind immediately goes to mountains.  I'm not sure why, but it just does.  I wasn't planning a trip to the mountains last week so I felt a bit stumped.  I thought of my images of the Capital building in DC from last year but that did not feel right.  My next thought was an image of the beautiful owls that were born at my school several years ago.  I looked at those images and they didn't fit the bill either.  I tried to take a shoot of my dog Flicka.  Often times she will strike a 'majestic' looking pose but not yesterday!  So as I searched my memory and my files I came across the images I took when we celebrated R's birthday at the Franklin Park Zoo.  I thought what is more majestic than this beauty?



Peace!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Perfection Barb! And funny you mentioned how you automatically think of mountains and that was kind of my theme!

Related Posts with Thumbnails