Saturday, November 13, 2010

Work, Work, Work

So we worked at 40 Mayflower today.  Spent four hours painting the exterior cement with a cement lock paint.  This product was like painting with thick oatmeal.  We wanted to improve the appearance of the exterior of the house.  It was a bit like dejavu.  The last time the cement exterior was painted I was doing the painting.  It was probably 20years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday.  In my mind I could almost hear Dad's voice as I painted. I imagined him saying "It's good enough dear, come inside now." We're hoping that the cement lock paint will not only spruce up the appearance of the house but also prevent moisture from seeping into the basement.  We'll see if it helps.  It's all we can do right now until we get the final approval for the septic plan and our building permit.  Hopefully all the rest will fall into place next week.

Before we started the house looked pretty drab.  Here are a few 'before' pictures.  I'll take 'after' photos tomorrow.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails