Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Holiday Business

So today was a day of preparations in order to be organized and ready to celebrate Thanksgiving with my little family tomorrow.

I am so thankful that I had today off so that I could honor the memory of my Mum by baking her bread.  An all day process, Nanny's Irish Bread is a labor of love.  Over the past week I have also purchased the ingredients to put together a relish tray, including mixed olives, marinated mushrooms, marinated artichoke hearts and pepperoni peppers.  The only thing missing from the tray is sweet/pickled watermelon rind.   I'll put out the relish tray in the morning to enjoy throughout the day.  The relish tray was one of Dad's contribution to our Thanksgiving day spread.  I'll also be making his recipe for kielbasa with chili sauce and cranberry sauce.  I'm going to cook it overnight in the crock pot.  It will be so yummy.  So Dad's memory will by honored as we enjoy the relish tray and kielbasa.  I prepared Ma's recipe for stuffing today.  She will be remembered and honored during our Thanksgiving feast as well.  I am thankful for the memories of past celebrations and look forward to making new memories with my little family.

I hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails