Sunday, November 21, 2010

After Pictures

So it has been a while since I posted these before pictures of the outside of Dad's house.  I finally made it over there with my camera to get some after photos.  I have to say that I think the white drylock paint has made a huge difference in how the house looks.  It is pretty amazing what paint can do!

Check these pictures out and click the link above to see the before pics.  I can't wait to get going on replacing the windows.  That is the first thing we'll work on when we get the permits.  New windows will make an enormous difference.



In the photo above you can see the work R did on the chimney.  He used hydraulic cement to fix many cracks that were in need of repair.  If we get another warm weekend we'll use the drylock to paint the rest of the chimney and hopefully cover the gray scars.  


For years this wall has been completely covered by an enormous overgrown holly bush.  When the bush was originally planted by my Mum I believe she envisioned a beautiful green bush covered in holiday red berries.  Unfortunately the bush never produced the berries and just grew and grew.  I love how the wall looks clean and crisp and white.  





Previously there were two other trees in front of the house.  R and I cut them down this past fall as they were unweildy and not the right choice for the front of the house.  We'll most likely be taking the last tree down as well.  We've talked to our septic man about regrading the land just in front of the house to prevent further water problems in the basement.  He seems to think he can do the work.  It will be good to have a professional regrade the driveway.   



Again I think the white paint has made a big difference in the exterior appearance of the home.  Can't wait to see how the landscaping and windows improve this view of our house. 





Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails