Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...I see the cool morning dawning.

I am thinking...about how I am going to ask to get some of the morning off tomorrow so that I can go to the Honors Breakfast for N tomorrow.  I hope they will say yes.

I am thankful for...the simple, quiet pleasures of my life. I am grateful to let go of the craziness of the holidays and embrace the love of the season.

From the kitchen...I have rewed coffee, prepared sandwiches for lunches, cut pumpkin bread for the children, poured cereal for myself and mixed and kneaded pizza dough for tonight's dinner... and it is only 6:53!  A well used and well loved kitchen is what I have.

I am wearing...my 'uniform'! Corduroy's a long sleeve t shirt and a vest.  Today the pants are brown and the top and vest are black.  I go for the neutral look.  I'll jazz it up with a pretty scarf.

I am creating...beautiful images of flowers.  I have been playing with my Aperture program and hopeing to send some photos off to be developed so that I can turn them into cards to give as gifts this holiday season.  I better get busy as time is a wasting!

I am going...to work on cleaning my nice living room so that we can get more holiday decorating done this weekend.

I am reading...Guardians of Ga'Hoole book 4 in the series, still. It is a great series. I have just returned to making time for my reading.  N is very happy as he is several books ahead of me and would like me to catch up so that we can talk about the story.

I am hoping...that we have a positive day at school today.

I am hearing...the drone of the television and the children goofing around.

Around the house...I have much to do to prepare for the holidays, but I will take it one day at a time.

One of my favorite things...is changing into my warm cozy pajamas as soon as I get home from work.

A few plans for the rest of the week: working with n on her simple machine project due on the 16th, reading, and all my regular household tasks.  Nothing too exciting.  Oh perhaps a visit with an old friend on Thursday if everything works out.


Here is picture I am sharing..

5 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous!

Mellow Yellow, hope you can still take a peek even if I am late with my visit. Have a merry Christmas!

eileeninmd said...

Great post. I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

Faith said...

Pleasant and soothing daybook post.
Happy new year filled with goodness and blessings...

Ana Lynn said...

Saw your link on the January Daybook link page. Was immediately drawn to your blogs name and just had to come check you out! I like the way you have planned out your creative process...one thing I need inspiration with this new year. Happy New Year.

Peace,
Taylor

Only Prettier said...

Lovely!

Related Posts with Thumbnails