Thursday, November 4, 2010

Breathe....

So I was reading a recent post over at Dragonfly Reflections and it made me think about how I take care of myself.  One of the topics discussed in the post I read from November 1st was breathing.  At this site  breathing is discussed in depth.  I have come to the realization that I have not breathed deeply in over a year.  My shallow breathing and tendency to hold my breath is not good for my health.  In fact it lessens my body's ability to release toxins and produce and maintain energy.  So I'm going to take action and remember to breathe deeply and slow down.  I want to return to my Reiki self care practice and develop an at home yoga practice as well.  For the past year and two months, since Dad's initial diagnosis, I have been  running around in a general panic mode.  I am looking forward to moving away from panic and into a peaceful existence.  With any luck I will put all the pieces into practice and begin to recognize myself once again.  I will breathe deeply, live fully and love passionately.  I will regain my life and myself.

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails