Thursday, November 1, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook




Outside my window...the sky is bright and the air is crisp like freshly laundered sheets.  Ahhhh.

I am thinking...that even though financially it would have been better for me to teach yesterday and today.... secretly I am relieved that I did not have to manage a class of students during the aftermath of Sandy and Halloween.    

I am thankful for...friends.

From the kitchen...more home cooked delights: pulled pork, tortellini and homemade sauce, chicken fajitas and the best pumpkin pancakes eva!

I am wearing....my homage to Halloween.  Jeans topped with a black v neck shirt and orange fleece vest.    

I am creating...pages for my portfolio...today I'll be working on examples of lesson plans and projects and how they are linked to the common core standards as well as are pieces for sale.  Wouldn't it be great if I could live off of the sale of my art and photography.   Such a great dream.  

I am going...to pray and ask for prayers for my friend M who continues to struggle with cancer.  I wish that she could have a respite from pain and worry.   

I am wondering...where my forever teaching home will be...

I am reading... Superhuman.  Great book.  I only have a chapter left.  Think I'll finish up tonight.  

I am looking forward to...possibly going with C up to St. A's.  Such an adventure we could have together.  

I am learning...to be patient.  

Around the house...things are OK.  We began the Daily 15 but have not been consistent in it's implementation.  I have to work on that.    

A favorite quote for today...



Source: tweakiz.com via Barbara on Pinterest

One of my favorite things ... my laptop.

A few plans for the rest of the week: out with C unless I end up working, yard work maybe, art,  working on my portfolio, playing on pinterest.


A photo I'm sharing:


my boys... an oldie 






Peace!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails