Tuesday, November 27, 2012

NaBloPoMo 11/27/12

If you could instantly know any language in the world, which one would it be?

The first language that comes to mind is Spanish.  I know bits and pieces of the language and more of it is coming back to me as N does his homework and asks for help.  It would be amazing to know a second language.  Spanish is everywhere.  Back in the day when I was in college I used to listen to the Spanish radio channel on the way to school.  Spanish is not the only language that came to mind.  The second language that popped into my mind is Irish.  Now you may be like me and think 'Irish?'  I learned at my family reunion this year that what I always thought of as Gaelic is known as Irish.  It is part of my heritage.  My maternal grandparents came from Ireland as teenagers.  It would be nostalgic to know the language that my Mum might have heard as a child.  The only thing better than learning these languages would be traveling and having the opportunity to use my skills in real life situations.  

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails