Thursday, November 22, 2012

NaBloPoMo 11/22/12

When was the last time that you cried?  Why?

Tis the season for tears I suppose!  The last time I cried was today as I watched the Macy's parade and the time before that was yesterday as I watched a music documentary on Pink on the Paladia channel.    

Today I was struck by Trace Adkins performance of his song Just Fishin'.  He and his daughter were riding a float together and as he 'sang' the song he kept looking down at her and it just tugged at my heartstrings.  It made me think about my relationship with my dad as well as my daughter's relationship with R.  





Last night I listened to Pink tell the story of her family and childhood.  It sounded like she had many challenges.   Listening to her share her story and then sing such a raw version of her song Family Portrait brought me to tears.  I could have sobbed.  I didn't.  I walked away and pulled myself together.  Truly this song breaks my heart.




You know it's not the songs that get me... it's the connections that I make in my mind that get me every time.

Peace!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Pink's lines "Mummy I'll do anything" and "I promise I'll be better" in her chorus just kill me. So sad.

Related Posts with Thumbnails