Monday, November 5, 2012

NaBloPoMo 3

What are your thoughts about tomorrow's election in the United States?

This is a great question.  My thoughts have been consumed by politics for the last several months.  My emotions have run the gamut from elation when Obama has done well in the poles to pure frustration at the lies and misconceptions perpetuated by the ultra conservatives.  I am ready for the process to come to an end.  I am cautiously optimistic that President Obama will win reelection.  I believe he has come through on the majority of the promises he made when taking office four years ago.  Promises made before the near total collapse of our economy.  The economy has been such a huge bone of contention between the republicans and the democrats.  I agree that more must be done, however I do not believe that anyone else would have done a better job than President Obama.  It seems to me that Romney believes he would have our economy booming if he were sitting in the Whitehouse and that if he does gain that power, miraculously, just by his election our economy will flourish.  I do not believe him.  I do not trust him. I worry what will happen to the middle class, women's rights, the separation of church and state,  safety nets for the poor and elderly and the Supreme Court if Romney wins.   Only time will tell.   

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails