Wednesday, November 14, 2012

NaBloPoMo 11/14/12

Tell us about the best meal you ever cooked.

This is an interesting prompt for me.  I am a good cook, but I think of myself as a baker.  I prefer to back rather than make a meal.  I love looking at and making recipes for cakes, cookies, pies and desserts of any kind.  I don't mind making meals but it's not my favorite.  In fact if I had loads of money I would pay someone to come in and make meals... if I could make desert.  

So the best meal that I make every year is far and away our Thanksgiving meal.  Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays.  I enjoy watching the parade, sitting by a crackling fire and eating delicious food.  I prepare a traditional turkey dinner.  Everything is made from scratch and the turkey is cooked in our NESCO roaster and according to my brother in law I make the best gravy! I make my Mum's homemade bread, Aunt Jane's sweet potato casserole and we dust off and use Ma's china.  It is a time when I am thankful for memories of past holidays as well as today's blessings. 

Peace!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Barb we were separated at birth! I too am a good cook if I say so myself but I don't really enjoy it. I do however love to bake and bake anything!

Barbara said...

Liz that is too funny! Something I did not know about you. If I could bake all day I would be a happy girl.

Related Posts with Thumbnails