Well first a letter update(see yesterday's post). I left the letter for the Dr. at the office. I ran it by a couple of my co workers at school and they thought he should be made aware of his poor behavior. So I did it. I hope it doesn't have ramifications for my father's care.
So after much venting and discussion about the Dr letter and 'N's parent teacher conference, which is a post for another day, I had a very productive day! I spent much of the morning completing my Curriculum at a Glance for the am and pm class. I used our Omnibus reference to add more specific information. It was a relatively quick process. Then from about 12:30 to 2:30 my teaching partner, 'S' and I worked on conferences together. At our school we have conferences with parents twice a year with informal daily connections at drop off and pick up times. Our conferences consist of a page long, typed page that gives parents our observations about their child and how he or she is managing in our classroom. Today was a true collaboration. Working together made the process go quickly and really allowed for an enjoyable afternoon. This is the first year that we have decided to write conferences in this fashion. It was great to be able to talk to someone about the children and bounce ideas off of each other. As we talked, I typed and in the end we had five very distinct conferences that were thoughtful and well written and completely finished! Most likely on our own we would have completed two or three in that amount of time. We were both very excited with our productive afternoon and thrilled that we won't have to write conferences over the weekend! Yay!