Monday, November 10, 2008

Focus

So I am going to my Stand for Children Strategy Team meeting tonight. One of our standard agenda items include a focus for the evening. Tonight I will be presenting the focus that K, our organizer, and I came up with in a conversation last week. I thought it might be interesting to share it with you all today and see if I get any responses.

To set the stage I'd like to share the following quote:

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek." -Barack Obama


On Tuesday, November 4th we lived through history. Many moments made up that day and will be remembered for generations to come. What was your one moment that you will not forget?

For me the moment took place on Wednesday morning as 'N' and I sat on the couch together watching morning television. We listened together as President Elect Obama's acceptance speech was played. Without looking at me my son said 'Mom do you have tears in your eyes?' I had tears in my eyes and rolling down my cheeks. The significance of the outcome of our presidential election was clear to me and my 10 year old. This is the moment I will always remember.

What is your moment from November 4th? Please leave a comment with your moment or a link to your post if you choose to create one.


Peace!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails