Sunday, November 30, 2008

Food, Food Glorious Food part 2

Here is the last 50 items from yesterday's food meme.


51. Prickly pear

52. Umeboshi - no thanks

53. Abalone - I love the shell and perhaps would try the meat, maybe?

54. Paneer - I love cheese and this sounds interesting.

55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal - This used to be a favorite of mine on the rare occasion that I would visit McD's, now I tend to choose the double cheeseburger happy meal if I go with my kids for a special treat(they mostly like to go or the toy!)

56. Spaetzle -


57. Dirty gin martini - not a big fan of the old fashioned coctails, give me an appletini, pomegranit martini or a lemon drop and I'll say yes.

58. Beer above 8% ABV - I love beer but I don't think I've ever had an 8%ABV. I'll have to look into this, maybe something to try over the holidays.

59. Poutine -

60. Carob chips - Tried these when I went on Marilou Henner's diet. They were ok.

61. Smores - Yumm, smores in the back yard over our little fire, happy memories.


62. Sweetbreads - yuck!

63. Kaolin - This is a mineral. I didn't find any food references online so I'm guessing I have not knowingly eaten Kaolin.


64. Currywurst - Pork sausage with curry sauce...I might try it but I'm not sure I would find it pleasing.

65. Durian

66. Frogs legs

67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake - We used to get elephant ears at a local bakery when I was a kid. They were so yummy! Unfortunately they don't make them anymore.

68. Haggis -

69. Fried plantain -I would totally try fried plantain.

70. Chitterlings, or andouillett - ick.

71. Gazpacho - Something I'd love to make but just haven't.

72. Caviar and blini - One Christmas it was a huge thing that we were going to have caviar. Dad picked some up at the grocery store(quality was surely quite poor) and for whatever reason we wimped out and never tried the caviar.

73. Louche absinthe - .

74. Gjetost, or brunost - sounds unappealing

75. Roadkill - NOT

76. Baijiu - maybe in a mixed drink

77. Hostess Fruit Pie - not a big fan of the fruit pie unless it's from scratch

78. Snail - no thanks

79. Lapsang souchong - sounds very interesting I would try it

80. Bellini - I've had mimosas but never bellinis, I would certainly try one if it were offered.

81. Tom yum - sounds like something I should try.

82. Eggs Benedict - Yumm

83. Pocky - Sounds so good. Anything covered with chocolate has to be good!

84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant -

85. Kobe beef - Not a big red meat eater, but if it were offered I'd try some.


86. Hare - No,No, No

87. Goulash -

88. Flowers - at school in salad and on a beautiful birthday cake!

89. Horse - Why???

90. Criollo chocolate - Maybe. Not sure.

91. Spam - Yuck! all I can think of is cat or dog food when I think of spam sorry!

92. Soft shell crab - I'd love to try soft shell crab, someday!

93. Rose harissa -

94. Catfish -

95. Mole poblano -

96. Bagel and lox -

97. Lobster Thermidor - I prefer my lobster straight up with drawn butter please!

98. Polenta -tried to make this but it didn't come together .

99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee - Kona yes Jamaican not yet but I'd surely try a cup, thanks.

100. Snake - I don’t like them in my yard and would not want them in my tummy thanks.



After going through all these food items I've decided that I have led a very sheltered food life! I'll have to do something about that!


PEACE!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails