Thursday, November 6, 2008

Inspection

So yesterday we were all on top of the world at work. Over the last few months we had been following the presidential race closely and were quite concerned about what could happen. We hugged and cheered. It's like a weight has been lifted off of our shoulders. There is a sense of hopefulness.

Before we could settle into our celebration we had to get through our state inspection for re licensing. The licenser comes to inspect once every three years. The last time they came I was not teaching, just assisting in the afternoon when my children were at school. So yesterday was my first experience having a state person come in and observe. In general my morning class is great but it is preschool and anything can happen and it did. I won't go into too many details. Our director put it best; she said it was like a Mr. Magoo cartoon; as Mr. Magoo is walking along with clouds of craziness left in his wake. In the end the licenser was very complimentary. She specifically commented on my class saying how well the children played together without much assistance and how they all knew what to do during clean up time. My teaching partner and I were just amazed. I have to say I don't think I have been as tired as I was yesterday afternoon when the inspection came to an end. Thank heavens that is over. Now we move on to conferences!

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails