Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!

We have had a lovely day. The morning was calm. I made the stuffing yesterday so I didn't have to rush around this morning . We watched the Macy's parade, one of my all time favorite things to do on Thanksgiving. I drank D&D coffee and ate bagels for breakfast. This was a special breakfast as it was a gift from 'n's teacher Mrs. K. Once the parade was 3/4 of the way done R and I got the turkey stuffed and in the NESCO. 'n' and I made feta artichoke dip and once that was in the oven we made apple pie. Later we watched 'N''s current favorite movie...Star Wars the Clone Wars. Throughout the movie I was up and down preparing various veggies for the Thanksgiving meal. I also made a pecan pie. We had a delicious meal and then 'N' and I brought a plate to Dad. He was thrilled. We had hoped he would come over for a while but he opted for the hand delivered plate instead. We spent some time at his house and then came home to finish cleaning the kitchen. Finally we ate pie and ice cream. The apple pie was perfect. Each piece came out of the pie plate like a dream. My usual experience is that the pieces fall apart but not today! The pecan pie was heavenly. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water. What a wonderful day!

With all that is going on in our world I feel fortunate and am so thankful for all that I have in my life: my wonderful family who are happy and healthy, a diagnosis and promising treatment for my Dad's chronic medical condition, a rewarding job, satisfying community volunteer work with Stand for Children, good friends, and so much more.

Peace!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Sounds like you had a very nice and peaceful day.
You are a good daughter!

xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails