So I found the following meme over at Thinking About and thought it would be a great idea for today's post.
Here are the rules:
Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
Optional extra: Post a comment here at www.verygoodtaste.co.uk linking to your results.
So now to the foodstuffs!
1. Venison - I would try it.
2. Nettle tea - sounds like a good herbal natural remedy.
3. Huevos rancheros - I've never made huevos rancheros but I'll have to as I think 'N' would love them.
4. Steak tartare - Yes. Ordered this accidentally many years ago at a German restaurant. Not my thing.
5. Crocodile - not something I'd try
6. Black pudding - NO. NO. NO.
7. Cheese fondue -
8. Carp -
9. Borscht - never had this but I'd try it
10. Baba ghanoush - Yummy, homemade is best!
11. Calamari - fried calamari with a light batter mmmm.
12. Pho - I like Asian food so I'd try it for sure.
13. PB&J sandwich - great lunch on the weekend
14. Aloo gobi -
15. Hot dog from a street cart - Hot dog on a grill but never from a street car
16. Epoisses - No thanks
17. Black truffle - I'd love to use it in a yummy recipe.
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes - No, I like my red wine made from grapes.
19. Steamed pork buns - sounds yummy
20. Pistachio ice cream - yes but not one of my favorite flavors
21. Heirloom tomatoes - mmmmm.
22. Fresh wild berries - right of the vine from my side yard! Double mmmm
23. Foie gras - no thanks
24. Rice and beans -
25. Brawn or Head Cheese - not my thing
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper - No, I like hot but not that hot!
27. Dulce de leche - sounds yummy
28. Oysters - Mmmm. Yes. Oysters on the half shell were one of my Mum's favorites for a while. When I was newly pregnant with my first child I remember indulging in this lovely treat at my Mums on Christmas eve. Yummy. Haven't had them in a long time.
29. Baklava - I’ve tried it. Just OK for me.
30. Bagna cauda- is a warm dip typical of Piedmont, Italy. The dish, which is served and consumed in a manner similar to fondue, is made with garlic, anchovies, olive oil, butter, and in some parts of the region cream. Sounds like something to try!
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam Chowder in Soudough Bowl - Yum
33. Salted Lassi -
34. Sauerkraut -
35. Root beer float - Orange float yes but never a Root Beer float
36. Cognac - not interested
37. Clotted Cream Tea - looked it up, sounds unappetizing
38. Vodka Jelly/Jell-O- I've helped to make these but never actually eaten them, go figure.
39. Gumbo - would love to make this for my family.
41. Curried goat - no thanks
42. Whole insects - only if I'm on Fear Factor
43. Phaal/span -
44. Goat’s milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth $120 or more - no-bad memories from childhood
46. Fugu (aka pufferfish) - Not interested.
47. Chicken tikka masala - I'd try this if someone else ordered it
49. Kispy Kreme original glazed donut - it's like eating sugared air.
50. Sea urchin - I'm all set with that
I won’t tag anyone, but if you’re interested, give it a try!