Thursday, August 23, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook


Outside my window...it is a beautiful clear summer day.  Perfect. 

I am thinking...about my dear friend C and her family as they take their daughter to college today.  What a big day.  

I am thankful for...the good things in my life.   

From the kitchen...homemade chicken pie last night... tonight is anyone's guess!
                 
I am wearing....my pj's! It's only 9am and I'm still on my summer schedule at least for one more week or so. 

I am creating... not much but I want to work on cards, a teacher portfolio and notebooks outlining the common core standards for grades k through 3. 

I am going...to wash my car today and clean out the trunk so R can change my flat front tire when he comes home today.  It's always something right? 

I am wondering... when the sub jobs will start this year.  

I am reading...not much other than political posts and articles.  I'm a bit obsessed with the entire process.  

I am looking forward to...fixing 40 M and moving forward.  The whole thing makes me sick to my stomach!

I am learning... to let the bad go and be ok with the challenges that are always a part of life.    

Around the house...things are ok but I feel like an intense cleaning is just about due.   The revamped chores are going OK.   

A favorite quote for today...




"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."– Robin Williams


One of my favorite things ... enjoying sushi with the kids. 

A few plans for the rest of the week: going out with N,  watching Big Brother, hopefully going to the beach and getting into the ocean again,  washing the car, & working on the yard. 

A photo I'm sharing:








Peace!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails