Friday, August 17, 2012

Dreams

I find dreams fascinating.  For whatever reason I almost always remember my dreams.  Some memories are more distinct for me than others.  At times I awake with just a sense of what my dream might have been.  Over the years I have had reoccurring dreams.  One dream that comes back to me often is based on my Aunt's home where I spent a lot of time as a child.  This morning I woke at 5:30 but forced myself to go back to sleep.  As I drifted off I was thinking about my cousin J and her upcoming wedding shower.  At some point before I got up for the day I drifted into a dream that took place at my Aunts house.  It followed the patter that these dreams have taken over the years.  The house was the same but different.  It had a finished basement that served as a television studio and the rest of the house had been turned into a funeral home.  Weird!  There were strangers in the dream as well as my immediate family.  While I didn't see my Aunt, I felt her presence in my dream.  When I woke up the dream stayed with me for some time.

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails