Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The End of an Era

Well long gone are the days of cute little costumes and tonight marks the passage from the scary costumes too.  My 12 and 14 year old have moved past walking the neighborhood in dark costumes in order to fill a sack with candy.  We will all be together tonight, enjoy our shows and take turns passing out M&M's, Skittles and mini Snickers bars.

This morning n commented on how we didn't do anything for Halloween.  So when I came home today I decorated the table with the few festive decorations I had put away.  I even used the last of the helium in our tank to blow up a mylar pumpkin as well as a few orange and purple party balloons.  Flicka thought the pumpkin was a threat and barked at it for several minutes until I could calm her down and reassure her that we were all safe.  Both children were happy to see the decorations when they came home as well as the large bucket of candy.  It is comforting that some things never change.









Happy Halloween and Peace to all the ghouls and goblins!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails