Sunday, October 21, 2012

Our Word View - Red


What is Our Word View?  A collaboration between two friends who lost touch over the years but have reconnected online.  We share a love of the ocean, photography, quotes, animals and family.  Often times our photographic interpretations of our word of the week are very similar.

This week Liz chose the word red for our photographic interpretation.  I hope you will go over to Our Word View and see what Liz shares this week.

My immediate thoughts when I hear the word red is Christmas and cardinal.  Well last week I shared one of my many pictures of the beautiful cardinals that visit us here and for me it is just too early to think about Christmas so I went searching for other options.  It was fun to go through some folders of photos that I have not looked at in quite some time.  In doing so I realized that visually I tend to focus on photographing cooler colors.  I have many images in tones of green, blue and cool pink.  I did come across a set of images that I just love.  Years ago R's grandmother showed up on our doorstep, as she was known for doing, unannounced with a car full of plants for our fledgling garden and yard.  One of the plants she introduced us to was the Weigela bush.  When we first planted it nearly 20 years ago it was just a tiny sapling.  Now it graces the side yard with it's glorious blooms each spring and sometimes when the weather is just right during the summer months she decides to bloom again in the fall.  











1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Weigela. I have a purple one in the front of the house and two pink ones on the side of the house. Some how they cross polinated and now I have tons of rose colored ones popping up all through my woods! I love it! Who knew.

We finally found one thing we differ on. You tend towards cooler tones. I always gravitate towards warm tones! Funny how you generally go to one or the other. Not that I don't appreciate other peoples pictures in those hues. But I usually print warmer ones myself! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails