Thursday, October 25, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook




Outside my window...the sun is fading and the light is lovely.

I am thinking...that their is much more competition for teaching positions than I realized.  

I am thankful for...the little things in life. 

From the kitchen...trying to be better at making home cooked meals.  This week we had tortellini with red sauce, chicken broccoli & ziti, homemade pizza, pulled pork. 

I am wearing....my school clothes.  

I am creating...a portfolio to use in interviews.  

I am going...to pray that the hurricane goes out to sea. 

I am wondering...If I'll get an interview for the 3rd grade position.  Hope so!

I am reading... Superhuman.  It is a superhero story with a science fiction feel.   I'm more than halfway finished.  

I am looking forward to...having my own classroom.  Hopefully sooner than later!

I am learning...to accept compliments. 

Around the house...things are OK.  We began the Daily 15 last night.   For 15 minutes all four of us work together to pick up and clean up.  It was hugely successful last night and takes the pressure off of my shoulders. 

A favorite quote for today...


You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. - Winnie the Pooh


One of my favorite things ... Lays potato chips!

A few plans for the rest of the week: hopefully working tomorrow, battening down the hatches in preparation for the storm next week, working on my portfolio, playing on pinterest.

A photo I'm sharing:








Peace!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails