Saturday, January 21, 2012

Winter Wonderland

Well we finally had our first significant snowfall of the season.  It has been snowing all day long and has transformed the dull landscape into a glorious winter wonderland.


There is something magical about the first big snow of the year.  I love the smell in the air and the crunch under my feat as I walk down my side stairs.  The roads are not so fun to navigate but it makes for a good excuse to stay home and hunker down.



After  spending the morning sipping coffee with my friend A I came home played with Flicka in the snow for a bit and then relaxed for a time before baking Peanut Butter Sandies..... yummmmmm!  Now I remember why my Dad loved it when I made these at Christmas.  I have not made them in quite some time.  After baking I made crispy baked chicken for the kids and chicken parm for R and me.  It was yummy.  To round out the day we are watching Johnny Depp in the final Pirates movie.

I hope you had just as cozy a day in your neck of the woods.

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails