Thursday, January 12, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook 2


Outside my window...it is dark and rainy.  

I am thinking...that  I can NOT get sick!

I am thankful for...the understanding of my colleagues as I begin transitioning from the small school environment to the larger school community. 


From the kitchen...it's been an interesting week.  R has continued to help in the kitchen.  It is good practice as I will be very busy with my new full time teaching position.   We had salmon potatoes and rolls on Tuesday and yesterday he made pasta with meat sauce.  Tonight the children will have pizza and the adults will have baked pasta with meat sauce. 

I am wearing...my Christmas jammies. I 'll be getting dressed for work soon.  Then I'll be wearing my cozy brown cords with a blue turtleneck and my chocolate brown 'nun'  sweater that I did not end up wearing last week. 


 I am creating: a source book for art ideas for my teaching partner to refer to once I have left my current position.  

I am going...to finish up all my PDP requirements over the next two weeks and then I'll be able to get my recertification application started.  


I am wondering if all will stay dry over at 40 M with all of this rain we are having.  I hope so!

I am reading...online class information as well as a couple of teacher resources including The Cafe Book and The Daily Five.  Very interesting. 

I am hearing...The young children's show Little Bear on the tv. 


I am hoping...that this long term sub opportunity will turn into something more permanent for next year.


I am looking forward to...the weekend.


I am learning...how to be more accepting of change. 

Around the house...things are relatively organized although we have to get into a better sweeping, swifting, moppin routine.  Flicka is leaving a lot of fur around the house.  


I am pondering...what it will be like to be in my new classroom. 


A favorite quote for today...Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.    by Harold Mcalindon

One of my favorite things...is enjoying being home and dreaming about the future.  

A few plans for the rest of the week: working on my class, working in the 4th grade class, organizing myself and my home, Pats on Saturday night and organizing for another week.  I'm also going to continue to say a lot of prayers for my friend who is fighting cancer.  She will begin treatment on the 19th.   Please if you are the spiritual type add my dear friend M to your prayers.  


A peek into my day





Peace!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails