Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Long Day

Today was a very long day.  It started off shaky and just got worse from there!  N has been having foot troubles.  I took him to the doctor on Monday and even with rest, ice, Advil and an ace bandage wrap he is still in pain.  This morning he was in a lot of pain, it's not as bad now but still there.  We'll see how it feels tomorrow.  As I stepped out of my car at work today I got a call on my cell and it was n.  She took a tumble down the stairs.  She missed a step and tried to catch herself but couldn't.  She ended up banging up her knee and bruising her fingers!  Poor kid.

Moving on to school;  in a nutshell the day was awful.  We had a Mum stay to help.  I think she was surprised by the business of the class.  We have several busy children in our class and one child who is very angry.  It makes for a strenuous, emotionally draining day.  To top it off there was some sort of an accident in the parking lot at pick up.  It was very disconcerting.  The afternoon was not much better.  One child is an emotional mess.  She is very young and missing her Mum all afternoon.  It takes so much energy to distract and cajole an emotional child.

One positive note:  the dad of a friend of mine is interested in renting 40 M.  He is a widower and he is looking for a smaller home.  His current home is on the market and an offer is expected rather quickly.  I'm hoping that the stars will align and he will rent the house.  Please say a little prayer.  His late wife was friends with my mother in law.  I'm hoping that they are conspiring in heaven to allow this to move forward.

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails