Saturday, November 12, 2011

Dreams

Why do I dream the same dream over and over again?
It is recreated in my subconscious mind.
Tweaked ever so slightly but always the same subject.
Why do you disturb my sleep?
Is it some part of me that still wrestles with how things turned out?
In my mind I know I did what had to be done.
In my heart I think there are questions.
In my subconscious there is self doubt.
The doubt partners with anger and confusion.
When these are all mixed together it is a recipe for disturbing images and language.
Images that wake me in the wee hours of the morning.
Images that haunt me.
Made up conversations that linger with me.
A lasting impression that remains throughout the day.
Why do I dream of you when you refuse to speak to me?
Perhaps it will only be in my dreams that we will meet.
So very sad after so many years.


Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails