Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday Daybook

Simple Woman's Daybook Week 21

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...I see the sun setting.  What a wonder to see the son and have some warmth over the last few days!  The humidity is still sticking around but at least it is not raining.  Everyone is happier when the sun is shining! 

I am thinking...that everyone should just stop asking me questions so that I can let my mind rest.  Do you ever feel that way?  Sometimes I just want it to be quiet. 

I am thankful for...sunshine on the last days of school this year.  It enabled us to spend time outside.  Such a pleasure.  I am also thankful that n was able to spend the day with me at school yesterday.  Watching her interact with her former teachers and the children in my classes underscored for me just how grown up my little girl has become.  Amazing to think that not so long ago she was a student enjoying carefree days at preschool.  


From the kitchen...takeout pizza tonight.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.  

I am wearing...my pj's!  It's early evening but I had to apply my faux tan so pj's it is!

What I'm creating:  not much right now as we prepare for the art show at school.  We did accidentally come up with a new open ended art activity at school however!  Using colored pencils to draw on painted paper.  The results are amazing.  

I am going...to go to bed early tonight in order to get a good night's sleep.  I'm tired after and emotional day of goodbyes.  

I am reading...still the same old stuff.....blogs as always and I have been spending time wetting my artistic appetite with a couple of mixed media books.  Flavor for Mixed Media by Mary Beth Shaw and  Paint Box Mixed Media Paint Box edited by Tonia Davenport.  Both of these resources are so inspirational.   


I am hoping that the tornados that have been plaguing parts of our country will subside. 
I am hearing...dialogue from N's newest movie craze...the x men series.  I have to say that I'm kind of excited that N enjoys sci fiction type movies.  I love them!

Around the house...everything is a big mess!  I'm looking forward to spending time cleaning and organizing now that school is over.  

One of my favorite things...is spring and summer evenings when the air changes and the cool breeze blows through the windows.  I love experiencing the breeze with all my senses.   Such a pleasure.    

A few plans for the rest of the week:   art show, golf tournament, 40 M and that is enough. 

Here are some pictures I am sharing..









Peace!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails