Monday, May 30, 2011

Art

What a treat to have everyone off on a Monday!  R and I spent time at 40 M.  The time was bittersweet as 11 years ago we would have been enjoying a cookout with both my Mum and Dad today.  Amazing what a decade will change.  Anyway...I dropped n off at her best friends house to go to the beach and N has enjoyed having the house to himself.  I have tried to be mindful of why this holiday is so special.  I am thankful for all the servicemen and women who have given so much of themselves to allow us the freedom to do as we please.

This weekend was rather busy and being busy prevented me from posting about the day n and I spent at school with my teaching partner and friend S.   Saturday we arrived at school at 10:30 in the morning ready to put together our first Children's Art Show.  Hopefully this will turn into an annual event.  We spent much of the morning matting the artwork.  Some pieces were previously matted, but in order to create consistency throughout the space we double matted everything on black.  I have to say that the pieces all looked fabulous on the black matting, double matted or not.  After our 1pm lunch we began displaying the art in the schools atrium.  We included at least one labeled piece from each child and two labeled pieces from the children in our class.  We are only missing pieces from two children.  It took a lot of thought and planning to install the art.  A wide variety of processes are included: watercolor, collage, mosaic, sculpture, fiber art, print making, drawing, still life, calligraphy, easel painting and mixed media.  The space looks incredible.  I wish that I brought my camera.  I took photos with my camera but am not able to get the photos off my camera!  I'll be taking photos when I go into work tomorrow.  So exciting.  Honestly I can't stop thinking about what a huge accomplishment it was to get just about everything up in one 8 hour day.
I'll be sure to post photos tomorrow.

I hope everyone is enjoying a quiet day today.

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails