Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday Daybook

Simple Woman's Daybook Week 20

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...I see more rain!  I am feeling the effects of this rain on my mood.  I think that if I could stay home and nest in the rain I'd be fine however working with preschool children who have been cooped up for two weeks with the rain just isn't that much fun! On the up side; my lawn is luxurious and green and my perennials look very happy too.    

I am thinking...that I can't believe it is the end of the school year again.  The weather being cool and rainy feels much more like early or late winter rather than spring.  So interesting how the weather can effect the way we feel.  

I am thankful for...my beautiful children.  The news in our area has been all about a little boy who's dead body was left at the end of a country road up in Maine.  So terribly sad!  It has come out that they have found the child's identity after several days of investigation and that they suspect the mother overdosed the child and then drove him from Texas to dump his lifeless body.  What is wrong with people?  God help the child's remaining family as well as the older couple that found him.  I could cry just thinking about this horror. 


From the kitchen...we had a yummy rice meal this week, chicken fajitas, blt's and tonight will be pizza.  Not sure what the rest of the week will bring.  

I am wearing...my khaki pants with a black silk sweater.  This is my favorite sweater out of my collection.  I'll throw on another layer either a vest of an open cardigan in order to keep the chill away.

What I'm creating:  I must work on cards.... I created a felted wool sampler this morning as an example for the children at school.  Should be a fun project.  Still working on collecting children's art from school for our first art show.  

I am going...to go out to lunch with my cousins tomorrow.  (I hope).  I am also planning a girls trip with n and my sisters to Washington DC!  We are all going to bunk up together and it is going to be awesome!  I've booked the flights already.  Good deal I think... round trip for two only 260.00.  We are soooooo excited. 

I am reading...still the same old stuff.....blogs as always and I have been spending time wetting my artistic appetite with a couple of mixed media books.  Flavor for Mixed Media by Mary Beth Shaw and  Paint Box Mixed Media Paint Box edited by Tonia Davenport.  Both of these resources are so inspirational.   


I am hoping that  Spring will return to New England sooner than later.  

I am hearing...music from the TV.

Around the house...things continue to be on hold until the end of the school year and the eventual completion of the 40 M project.  Happily I was able to organize and clean up the 'nice' living room.  Such a relief to have that done.  

One of my favorite things...is hanging out with my kids.  I love them so much.   

A few plans for the rest of the week:   working on cards, going to the movies and preparing for the end of my school year.  

Here are some pictures I am sharing..



Wishing

Hoping


Yearning

Praying

for
Spring!

Peace!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails