Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Texture Tuesday

kimklassencafe





For the past week or so I've been watching my rose of sharon bush start to green up and leaf out.  Every time I drove past it I made a mental note to get my camera and get myself outside and take some photos.  Well if you've been following the weather in the northeast you'll know that it has been very wet this spring so there have only been scattered days when I could get outside. This past weekend I stole a few moments and got outside to work on my photography.  I then transformed one of my photos for today's Texture Tuesday challenge.  First I cropped the image.   I used two layers of yesteryear.  The first layer is on multiply 100%, the second is also on multiply but only 29%.  I also added a layer of warm sun on multiply 57%.  I like how it framed the photo.  The blues were barely there in my original photo so early in the process I added a color fill layer with a layer mask.  It was time consuming but I liked the addition of the blue.  In the end I thought my image was too dark so I went in and adjusted the levels until I was happy.  I wonder what you all will think of this transformed image. Hmmmm.

In case you are wondering, I thought I'd include the original image.



Peace!

2 comments:

sandy said...

I love it! Great job!! Thank you for explaining how you did it and it's always nice to see the original!

Anonymous said...

I think it looks fantastic!! It sort of reminds me of an underwater coral plant - very cool :-D

Related Posts with Thumbnails