Thursday, May 5, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook Week 18


Outside my window...I see the most beautiful warm light washing over the back hill.  It has been rainy and gray most of the day but as the sun goes down it is giving us the most spectacular light show.  What a wonderful way to end the day. 

I am thinking...that I will soon have a lot of work to do!  Staining, painting organizing all over at 40 M!  I am looking forward to some hard work and rewarding results. 

I am thankful for...the upcoming end of the school year. 


From the kitchen...chicken fajitas in honor of Cinco de Mayo!  Yummy.

I am wearing...my black pants, black top and new plum colored spring vest. 

What I'm creating:  art, art and more art in conjunction with continued plans for the school art show.  We have  a lot of great ideas.   I'll take lots of photos when the time comes!

I am going...to do some research on polished cement flooring for the basement over at 40 M.  

I am reading...blogs and that is about it right now.  


I am hoping that  our cost projections will stay on target or under budget.  Fingers crossed. 

I am hearing...the shower running and the quiet now that the tv is off.  Ahhhhh silence is beautiful.  Sadly I know it won't last long. :)

Around the house...I have plans!  Plans for spring cleaning, outside projects, painting projects, art projects.... Now I just have to find my get up and go!

One of my favorite things...is  spending time with my children.  Today n's class hosted a Mother's Day Tea.  It was one of the best events I've been too at school.  The children wrote essays about their Moms, drew a portrait of their Moms and shared writing samples as well.  They all read their essays in front of the class.  It was lovely.  n's essay was thoughtful and kind.  I loved every minute of the event. 

A few plans for the rest of the week:   staining at 40 M, working on my poured painting sculptures.. sanding them down.  

Here is a  picture I am sharing..






Me and My Girl!



Peace!



2 comments:

Judy said...

Hey Barb!
I've been spending some time going back and reading your blog this afternoon and evening! You've gotten rather prolific! ;-) ........and I feel like I know you a bit better! I need to read some more.

xo

Barbara said...

Hi Judy! So nice to see you. I feel better when I write. All the challenges and memes help. Hope all is well with you and the family. How is your beautiful grand baby?

Peace!

Related Posts with Thumbnails