Friday, December 11, 2009

Roses

So I have to share with you all that yesterday I went back to the cemetery. I guess I wanted to make sure that everything was done properly. Weird huh? Well anyway while I was there I decided to collect the rest of the roses from the various sprays that were left on the ground. Again, weird right? Well I took the roses home soaked them in cold water re cut the stems and have them throughout the house. I think in total I might have a dozen stems. I've been thinking about what I should do with these lovely blooms. After Mum died I dried every last rose that came into my home. That resulted in having a house full of dead flowers. This was charming for a while but not for long. So I've been thinking about a suggestion made by 'C' after the funeral. She heard of sending the flowers away and using them to create beaded jewelry. I've done some research and have found a recipe/process that I think will result in some beautiful beads. The next thought is what to do with these special beads. I want to have a plan before I start so that the finished beads don't just sit around collecting dust. Anyway creating earrings or a bracelet is an option as well as creating a strand of rosary beads. In my research I also came across something that I have never heard of.... a chaplet. It looks like a tiny strand of rosary beads. As I did further research I found the following:


CHAPLET OF OUR LADY, STAR OF THE SEA


Beads: The chaplet of Our Lady Star of the Sea has a medal of Our Lady of Carmel, three separate beads, and twelve additional beads.

History: Our Lady Star of the Sea is the patroness of those who sail the seas. According to Saint Bonaventure she is also the one who guides to a landfall in heaven those who navigate the sea of this world in the "ship of innocence or penance." Our Lady aids not only sailors, but also those who sail the stormy seas of life.

Method:

This Chaplet is said as follows:

The prayer begins with the medal. Holding the medal of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, you say this prayer:

Most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, Blessed Mother of the Son of God, Immaculate Virgin, assist me in this my necessity. O Star of the Sea, help me and show me herein that you are my Mother.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and Earth, I humbly beseech you from the bottom of my heart, to succor me in this necessity; there are none that can withstand your power.

The first three beads are for one Our Father, one Hail Mary, and one Glory Be. These three beads are for John Paul II, Bishop Warren Boudreaux and John Paul Finke (The Confraternity of Our Lady Star of the Sea, Morgan City, Louisiana, was established in 1979 by Bishop Boudreaux). I suppose it would not be sacrilegious to say these three prayers for those who minister in the church at all levels.

On each of the twelve beads representing the twelve stars on Our Lady's crown say one Hail Mary followed by the invocation:

Our Lady, Star of the Sea, help and protect us!
Sweet Mother, I place this cause in your hand.


For further information write to: The Confraternity of Our Lady Star of the Sea, Central Headquarters, PO Box 609, Morgan City, LA 70381.

I strongly believe in the power of positive thinking and prayer. I actually like to say prayers even though I have my own issues with church so to speak. I also think that everything happens for a reason and I know that the reason isn't always apparent. It can't be coincidence that I stumbled upon this 'Chaplet Prayer'. I'll have to do some research, but I find it uncanny that the history mentions St. Bonaventure as well as sailing the stormy seas of life. I feel compelled to create this Chaplet out of the roses that adorned Dad's casket. I think it is meant to be....

What do you think?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails