Sunday, December 20, 2009

Old Time Christmas Music

So I thought I'd share some old Christmas songs that remind me of Christmas when I was little.




This song also remind me of the time when my Uncle B was stationed in Hawaii. He would call on Christmas and this is what I remember him saying.





I am unsure if this is a song we listened to when I was little, but I have to say it is one of my all time favorite holiday songs. Dean Martin was a favorite in my house when we were young.





This would have been right up Dad's alley! For some reason Mum never particularly liked Old Blue Eyes. Dad loved him though.




Perry Como was one of Mum's favorites. This song has always been a favorite of mine for as long as I can remember. I prefer the next version to Perry Como's.







I remember singing this song in chorus when I was at Sacred Heart. I couldn't get through the song without crying. I don't know if it is the words, the tone or a combination and beauty of both that touch someplace deep in my heart.



This final song is from the movie Holiday Inn 1942. Another version with Danny Kay, Doris Day and Rosemary Clooney comes from my all time favorite Christmas movie; White Christmas.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails