Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Texture Tuesday


This week at Texture Tuesday is all about dreams.  For my image I used Kim's aurora texture for two layers and I also used her Dream brushes.  

I chose this image of a hydrangea flower because it reminds me of Cape Cod and the ocean.  It is by the ocean where I feel at peace and able to dream about my future.  Some of my future is wrapped up in a house by the ocean.  At that home I picture a sea shell driveway lined with beautiful hydrangeas of all different varieties....oak leaf, lacecap and mophead.  Some day I would like to be the 'inn keeper' of 40 M.  In my mind 40 M will be a place where people can come and seek serenity, solitude, peace and happiness. It will be a safe harbor for the tired and the weary.  It will be a home away from home for families who need to be by the ocean to unwind and spend quality time together.  I picture myself polishing the fireplaces and furniture before each new arrival and baking cookies and muffins for our weary travelers.  It will be a haven for all who come.  Watching over it all from a distant place will be my beloved parents.... smiling down on all that we have achieved, proud.  This is my dream. 

Peace!

9 comments:

Alicia said...

What a wonderful vision for your childhood home! I, personally, would love to visit that haven.

Barbara said...

If you ever want to come this far east let me know! How wonderful it would be to host you here in my hometown.

Peace!

Marilyn said...

This is truly "dreamy".

Dreaming Hollow Photography said...

I love your texture and the story behind it. I too love the idea of having home be a safe haven....the kind of place you breathe a sigh of relief as soon as you walk in. Hope your dream comes true!

Kim Klassen said...

dream fabulousness.

so fab!! thanks for sharing at TT....
xxo, kim

Barbara said...

Thanks for stopping by Marilyn, Dreaming and Kim! Your kind words are so appreciated. This challenge was inspiring.

Peace!

Pat Mark said...

Simply lovely, soft and so very dreamy. I love the story with it too. Yes, a warm safe haven would be so wonderful.

Barbara said...

Pat, thanks for your kind words and for following along with google! Welcome.

Peace!

Linda said...

Such beautiful texture work!

Related Posts with Thumbnails