I duplicated the original image twice the second on multiply 100%, I then added two black and white layers one normal at 91% and the second saturation 54%, I used masks to reveal the color from my calla lilly. I added kk2 on screen mode, a magenta photo filter and a layer of aurora screen 100% with another mask. I did a lot of tweaking today with this photo and I love the soft effect in the final image. I wonder what you think.
Ok so while I liked my original image it didn't translate as well on the blog as it did in my elements program so I went back and did some tweaking with the adjustment layers. I also removed the black and white element of the photo. I think I like the second version better. It seems softer.