Thursday, April 28, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook Week 17


Outside my window...I see muted colors of spring mixed with showers and wind. 

I am thinking...that a new chapter in life is beginning.  Teenagers and all the angst that goes with that developmental stage.  I am going to remember that this time will be about testing limits and striving for independence while being reassured that parental guidelines and rules will still stay strong.

I am thankful for...my life. 


From the kitchen...leftovers!  Tonight might be pizza from the local pizza shop or breakfast.  We'll see how I feel after school today.  Pulled pork is on the horizon...maybe Saturday. 

I am wearing...my gray cords for the last time this year with a short sleeve black top and a black silk overshirt.  Black is my color. :)

What I'm creating:  Plans for the school art show in conjunction with my friend and teaching partner S.  We have  a lot of great ideas.  Hopefully we can accomplish all we have to in order to create an incredible show.   

I am going...to work on organizing spring closets.  I washed all my pants and some of my tops.  I'll need to go through the kids clothes too.  I think I'll be shopping in the near future.  

I am reading...the next  Guardian of G'houle book.  I have not read much lately.  I'm also interested in reading the book my son is reading for his literature circle group called  Night of the Howling Dogs.  We'll see if I can get into it.  It would be fun to be able to talk about the book with N.


I am hoping that when I go to 40 M this afternoon for a walk through I am amazed by all that has been accomplished by the new construction guys.  Fingers crossed.  I am also hoping that the crazy tornados stop!  So many tornados and so much destruction.  It is unfathomable. 

I am hearing...the buzz of the tv.  Sponge Bob; perhaps my least favorite show ever.   

Around the house...there is so much to do and I just don't feel like doing any of it!  Cleaning, de-cluttering, painting.....  all I want to do is work on my art and get outside to my gardens.  

One of my favorite things...is  observing the changing of the seasons.  The spring trees and flowers are finally blooming.  Spring seems to have been delayed for us this year but it is finally here and in full force.  Now if the days would be consistently warm I could break out my birkies!

A few plans for the rest of the week:   working on my photo cards, getting some staining done at 40 M, reflecting on the blessings in my life. 

Here is a  picture I am sharing..







Peace!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails