Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook Week 16


Outside my window...I see another gray damp day. 

I am thinking...about  how I will miss n today when I drop her off at her friends house today for a play date and sleepover!  She's going to be gone for 12 hours!  

I am thankful for...April vacation.

From the kitchen..chicken salad last night and tonight some sort of seafood.  Not sure if we'll do shrimp, scallops or white fish.  We'll see what is on sale at the market.

I am wearing...my weekend clothes!  Levi's a black shirt and a black vest.  

What I'm creating:  I'm continuing on with my journey into textures using Photoshop Elements to enhance my photos.  It is so much fun!   I am also going to work on putting more photo cards together today.

I am going...to work on some spring cleaning.  Unfortunately it does not feel like spring so I won't be able to open my windows.  I hope I can motivate myself to get something accomplished today. 

I am reading...the next  Guardian of G'houle book.  I have not really gotten into it yet but I've been told it is very good.  Still working on getting hooked by this book.  Maybe today will be the day.


I am hoping that  it gets warm.  I'd like to be able to work in the yard or at the very least open the windows.   

I am hearing...the buzz of the fan in my computer and the street noise as cars drive by my house.  It is pretty quiet and peaceful here right now.  

Around the house...I'd like to make some changes;  get rid of some old chatychkes, streamline the main living rooms and make the house warm and cozy.  Painting will soon be in order as well.  It's been almost 8 years since the main floor had a fresh coat of paint.  Time to switch some things up a bit. 

One of my favorite things...is  being in my home with my children when they are getting along peacefully.  I love that.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  appointment for n,  working on my photo cards, getting some staining done at 40 M, reflecting on the meaning of Easter and creating another entry for the school blog. 

Here is a  picture I am sharing..







Peace!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails