Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook Week 14


Outside my window...I see the dark of the night.

I am thinking...about  how not to dwell on things that are out of my control.  I guess I need practice with this skill as I have found myself presented with the opportunity to practice over and over again.

I am thankful for...the joy I find in creativity and the distraction of that joy.

From the kitchen..not much going on tonight.  I am in a rut.  We are tired of the same old same old, but no one seems to want to try something new.  What to do, what to do...

I am wearing...my cords, black top and swing cardigan.  School clothes.  I am also sporting a teal blanket on my lap as well as a gray ribbed poncho.  Still chilly in the Northeast so layers are a must.  

What I'm creating:  well I have found a new creative love... adding textures using Photoshop Elements to enhance my photos.  It is so much fun!  

I am going...to work on listening and refraining to add my two cents, especially at work.   I am also going to continue to try to remember that when interpersonal things are going on that are troublesome it is usually about the other person and some need that they have that isn't being met.  I hate not knowing what the other person needs as I am a fixer and want to fix things.  

I am reading...still nothing!  :(  One of these days I'll dive into something but right now things are just too busy.  


I am hoping that  I make it to April vacation.  It feels late this year and I'm unsure if I can wait for two more weeks. 

I am hearing...the dishwasher in the kitchen and the drone of the tv.  NCIS is on at the moment.

Around the house...I long for warm days so that I can open windows and air out this home.  It feels stuffy to me lately.  I need it to be spring. (like so many others)

One of my favorite things...is  my cozy bed at night.  I love going to bed and snuggling under the covers.  

A few plans for the rest of the week:  working on my photos and creating another entry for the school blog. 

Here are several pictures I am sharing..







Peace!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails