Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook Week 9


Outside my window...I see a hill of brown leaves just waiting for the warm spring breezes to blow them away to reveal the green growth hidden underneath.   Spring is coming.  



I am thinking...about how happy I am that N came over to 40 M last night.  It was a HUGE breakthrough!  He has not been there since August.  I feel like we have broken through a wall and made it to the other side.  His reaction to the newness that is 40 M was good.  He was happy to be there running through the house and swinging on the ropes suspended from the old cherry tree our front.  My heart was singing! 



I am thankful for...the hope of longer days, warmer weather and the change of the season. Not to mention that we only have 7 weeks until next school vacation. 



From the kitchen...some sort of fried rice for dinner tonight.  We'll see how it comes out....onions, carrots, celery, kilbasa and rice.  With the addition of seasonings I think it will be a yummy dish.



I am wearing...slippers, dark purply cordueroys and my pajama top for now....until I run downstairs to get my shirt and vest!  School clothes it is.



I am creating...plans to put together several sets of cards including my angel print on original watercolor, hot wax prints, and photo cards.  I have all the pieces just need to construct the cards.   This weekend I'll work on this project.  



I am going...to have to go to bed earlier!  I am tired.  How can one day of work wipe me out like it does?   



I am reading...nothing at the moment.  I finished the new Percy Jackson book.  It was outstanding and I was sad to be finished.  I think I'll go back to the G'Hoole series.  



I am hoping...that all the men working at 40 M will work peacefully together to get the job done.  They are all an important part of finishing the project and creating a dream.  Septic and plumbing should be inspected this week.  The electrical looks great so far.  I never thought I'd be so thrilled to see wires and pvc pipes in a space but boy was I thrilled last night when I went over to see the progress.  I'll be creating a post over at the other blog to share the progress.  t



I am hearing...the adventure of children's television and the crumpling of poptart wrappers.  :)



Around the house...I see a huge mess!  Being sick this past weekend put me behind in all my housework.  I'll catch up next weekend.  



One of my favorite things...is anticipating the change of the seasons.  I am so looking forward to warmer days where we can spend more time outside and hopefully plan and execute a garden space this year.  



A few plans for the rest of the week:  getting through the work week with more sleep, working on cards and housework, celebrating my birthday on Saturday with family and maybe some friends.  I think that is enough.



Here are two pictures I am sharing..








Peace!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails