Thursday, March 24, 2011

Reality Sets In!

Well I'm so happy that today is my 'Friday'!  We are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  Going over to 40 M isn't nearly as difficult as it once was not so long ago.  The destruction of the demolition has been completely replaced by the construction of a new home!  I walk in and I am filled with pride and longing.  Strange combination.  Pride  for the work that has been done and longing for my parents who so deserved a new home.  Oh how they would delight in the work and the plans and the accomplishment.  I know that they see but I wish we could see the looks on their faces.  I can imagine the looks and the words.  But sometimes imagination just isn't enough.

The reality of what he have accomplished has begun to set in for R and me.  These months have been transformative.  When I think back and then look forward I am reminded of the metamorphosis of a caterpillar into a beautiful butterfly.  Not only has the home gone through this process but R has as well.  He has lost a significant amount of weight and even sports six pack abs!  He has poured his heart and soul into this work.  He is at the house every day checking in on the progress.  He has put in hour upon hour of hard labor literally throwing almost the entire structure into a series of dumpster.   In some way I think it is his way of paying tribute to and honoring Dad and Mum.  I think he feels badly that he was not around more before Dad died.  He is there now.  I wonder what it will be like when things are completely finished.  We are looking forward to just being in the space.  Once everything is complete we will decide our next steps.  To rent or to sell that is the question.  We have had people inquire about both options.  I think the ball will be in our court.  That feels good.

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails