Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook Week 13


Outside my window...I see beautiful sunshine.  It's nice to have the days last a bit longer now that we are entering springtime.  If only the warm temperatures would begin. 

I am thinking...about my ear. It has been hurting for several days and it is bothersome.  It is not an ear infection as it is the outer part of my ear that hurts.  I wish it would feel better. 

I am thankful for...the life I live.  I am blessed with a beautiful home and family and a usually sunny disposition.  I may complain sometimes, like everyone but at the end of the day I am very fortunate.

From the kitchen..cream of chicken soup with rice and roasted broccoli (from scratch) and Irish soda bread to go along with the meal.   As for the rest of the week?  We'll see. 

I am wearing...my jeans!  I'm actually writing Monday afternoon so I have my hanging out clothes on for now.  Jeans, black top and black vest with my trusty slippers.  Not too much different from my school clothes. 

What I'm creating:  I started work on matting all my pictures that I printed for the Angel Fair in a few weeks.  I can't wait to continue working on these cards.  n's friend's Mom was over yesterday and loved the pictures and inquired about if I'd be selling them.  She was very kind.  She called me an artist!

I am going...to continue to work on letting go of  things that are beyond my control.  I am also going to try to remember that when interpersonal things are going on that are troublesome it is usually about the other person and some need that they have that isn't being met.  Do you know what I mean.    

I am reading...still nothing!  :(  One of these days I'll dive into something but right now things are just too busy.  


I am hoping that our cat Fluffy gets better.  He has been loosing weight and his coat looks awful.  His back legs also seem to be bothering him.  I ordered some immune support medicine that is natural.  We'll see if it helps.  We've been incorporating 'wet' food into his diet to encourage his appetite and it seems to be helping.  Poor Fluffy!

I am hearing...the children on their respective electronic devices.  Other than the children it is quiet; just how I like it.  I love to sit in the quiet and just be.  

Around the house...I see  dappled sunlight on the oriental rug, sweatshirts hanging from the kitchen chairs and and beautiful green plants standing tall after a large drink of water today.  I like what I see.

One of my favorite things...is warmth and quiet.  The warmth of the sun as it shines through the windows and the quiet of a peaceful home.  These are just two of the things that feed my soul. 

A few plans for the rest of the week:  hopefully I'll be able to take photos of the completed siding job and roof job over at 40 M.  I can't wait to see it all buttoned up on the outside.  The rest of the week we'll just see what it brings.  Some time to be creative would be lovely.

Here are several pictures I am sharing..




Peace!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails