Thursday, April 8, 2010

What A Week!

Well I thought it would be a quiet week. No meetings were scheduled and that usually makes for a more relaxed week. Well I was wrong. On Tuesday, my friend and teaching partner had to leave work early due to a sudden death in her family. The children were unsettled to begin with coming back from Easter weekend and they quickly became completely out of control. At one point there were four teachers in my class and the children were still struggling. I powered through and we made it through the morning by the skin of our teeth. One of the families in this particular class is managing the terminal illness of a Grandma. The process has taken it's toll on the family and both children who attend school are very much aware of the changes that are taking place. Frustration levels are short for these children and we are doing the best we can to help them manage all that they are dealing with while meeting the needs of the rest of the class. It is emotionally and physically demanding and exhausting. It is very much a reminder of what I went through with Dad only months ago. To say that it is difficult is an understatement. In the afternoon on Tuesday we ended up short handed as one of the teachers had to leave early for her class and shortly after that another teacher got word that her husband had failed his stress test and was being admitted to the hospital. When it rains it pours. So the week progressed from there and did not improve.

Friday I spent time at Dad's working on cleaning out the interior of the home. I was dreading going over there without R. I did not want to run into my SIL. I have finally come to the realization that I need to let go of any relationship I may have had with her as it is toxic. For a very long time I tried to offer friendship. The effort was never reciprocated. I don't know that she is capable of friendship. I feel badly for my brother as I think he is in a bad relationship that is also toxic. Sadly there is nothing I can do to change things. That being said I did not run into my SIL on Friday. My brother did come up and we went through a lot of stuff together. We were able to empty all the cabinets, drawers, dressers and closets as well as go through the hope chest that will come to my house. We got along and got a lot done, but there is much more to do still.

Saturday was a good day. 'n' and I went out and had a girls day. We went to Cupcake Charlie's and enjoyed a snack and then proceeded to Kohl's looking for foundation garments for 'n' as well as clearance items. I can't believe we are at the point where she needs foundation garments but she does and I think, after initial embarrassment, she is proud of her new acquisitions. So cute. I remember when.....

Today we went to Berny and Phyls to pick out a new sofa. We opted for this one in a light slate blue microfiber. We also chose the love seat. It has been 15 years since the last time we had a new sofa. It will be nice to have comfortable seating for the entire family! Now that 'N' is as tall as me it can be tricky to all sit together. May 1st is the expected delivery date. Fingers crossed.

Well one week and then we are on April vacation! Yay!

Hope everyone has a great week. I'll try to post during the week. Have a long meeting day on Monday so maybe Tuesday morning I'll have a minute to share.

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails