Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook Week 8


Outside my window...I see the darkness of evening although I have been noticing that the darkness is coming later each night.  Spring is coming.  



I am thinking...that I should have called C today.  Somehow the day got away from me!



I am thankful for...school vacation.  Leisurely mornings, an extra cup of coffee, limited plans and schedules all make me a happy woman.



From the kitchen...yummy crunchy chicken and saucy broccoli with cranberry sauce. mmmmmmI have a spoonful of rotisserie chicken salad left.  



I am wearing...slippers, comfy old jeans, a black long sleeve tshirt, a purple Irish wool cardigan, and a military inspired black vest.  All my top layers are buttoned and zipped for extra warmth.  My look isn't fashion forward but it is helping me stay warm as we try to conserve our oil by keeping the heat at a chilly 58 degrees for most of the day and evening!



I am creating...plans to put together several sets of cards including my angel print on original watercolor, hot wax prints, and photo cards.  I have the opportunity to sell them at an Angel Art afternoon in April so I'm hoping to boost my inventory this week. 



I am going...to have to go to school to retrieve my small paper cutter that I left there before the licensers visit!  Ugh!  Maybe I'll just go to walmart and purchase another.  



I am reading...the new Percy Jackson book.  It's great so far.  I'm now halfway through and completely into the story.  As soon as I finish this post I'll be putting my computer away so I can do some more reading.  Hey by the way did you all know the John Grisham is now writing children's novels?  We picked one up at Borders today.  I looks interesting. 



I am hoping...that all the men working at 40 M will be there again tomorrow and continue their incredible productivity.  I am also hoping that the weather warms up so that the work over there isn't so uncomfortable.  



I am hearing...the quiet of a house full of family members each doing their own thing.  The tv is off and it is relatively quiet.  I love when my home is peaceful and quiet. 



Around the house...I want to enjoy a day at home tomorrow and possible do our taxes.  It will be good to put some money into the bank. 



One of my favorite things...is sitting in my quiet house.  Doesn't happen often but when it does I am in heaven.  Right now is one of those times.  I am blessed.



A few plans for the rest of the week:  hanging with the children, hopefully visiting with some friends...C and M and then sadly getting ready to go back to the weekly routine. 



Here are two pictures I am sharing..




Thinking Spring


Peace!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails