Thursday, February 24, 2011

Eat Less Move More

So I've been on the quest to eat less and move more over these last many months.  I was doing quite well and actually lost about 20lbs!  My clothes fit better and I actually purchased jeans a size smaller than what i used to wear.  I got through the holidays relatively unscathed but after Christmas I fell off my eat less bandwagon just a bit and gained back 5 of what I lost.  I desperately want to be healthy and stay healthy for my kids.  R has been working his tail off over at 40 M and has lost a significant amount of weight without adjusting his eating habits too much.  I guess working in 30 degree weather lugging plywood, 2x4's and other various carpentry materials will do that to a person!  So I am going to re devote myself to my health initiative that I began at the beginning of this school year.  I am starting to incorporate Shakeology into my repertoire.  It is a health drink that can be used as a supplement or meal replacement.  Today was my first Shakeology day!  It is delicious and I have a plan on how I'll incorporate it into my life.  Non work days it will be my lunch and on work days it will be my supper.  We'll see how I do.  I am also trying to add more water and green tea into my diet.  I know that I don't drink enough water so I am working that angle.  My final piece is the moving piece.  I wish I loved to exercise, but I never have loved exercise.  I would much rather sit and read a book, clean my house or work on my other passions such as blogging and photography.  I have two new workout cd's and  my pilates machine downstairs.  I have no excuses.  I guess I just have to make it part of my routine and turn it into a healthy habit.

What are you working on theses days?  Any big goals or wishes or heart's desires out there?

Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails