Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook Week 5


Outside my window...I see the snow falling softly down.  It is beautiful to look at and today due to the extreme cold easy to push out of the way. 



I am thinking...that  today will be a good day to get some artwork done before the children come home early from school due to the snow.



I am thankful for...the wisdom of the directors of my school as they called a snow day.  I figured we would have had to go in at least for the morning, but no I am safe and sound at home.  Thank you.



From the kitchen...I have the glazed lemon ricotta cake waiting to go to school tomorrow.  We will be celebrating A's birthday a little bit late.  I hope that the cake will still taste good.  



I am wearing...layers!  My house is cold but I am cozy under a blanket.  After school called to cancel I jumped at the chance to climb into my favorite jeans, navy blue turtleneck and brown wool sweater.  Even so I am still chilly.  I might need to put on my gray wrap too.  Brrrrrrr!  



I am creating...pages for my photo journal.   I finished making melted wax prints over the weekend and am now working on assembling the cards for a parent at school.  I mount the wax prints onto hand made paper(made by me and my teacher friends) then mount that onto a simple white card.  They are beautiful.  I'll take photos and post on my blog when they are complete. 



I am going...finish this post and then head out to the kitchen to clean up a bit.  After that I'll work on some art.  Maybe later I'll take a snooze before the kiddos come home. 



I am reading...online professional development.  It is interesting and will provide me with all the hours I need.  



I am hoping...that the windows are delivered sometime this week.  We have had our delivery rescheduled 3 times.  Yesterday in the span of 20 minutes we received a call to first confirm our delivery then another call saying they had to rescedule for Sunday due to the storm!  R called them back and charmed his way into a Thursday or Friday delivery.  We'll see what happens.  



I am hearing...the furnace turn over and the sounds of kids outside.  Not sure what that is all about.  I think I'll investigate. 





Around the house...I see much work to be done.   There are always jobs waiting to be completed.  It is a lived in home.  That is ok with me. 



One of my favorite things...is surprise snow days! 



A few plans for the rest of the week:  resting, recovering from my cold, creating, ironing, cleaning.  All the usual stuff.  Hopefully posting the new kitchen design over on the other blog. 



Here are two pictures I am sharing..










Peace!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails