Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook Week 6


Outside my window...I see the twigs and leaves peaking through the sparse snow left on my back hill.  The light is bright and the day looks cold. 



I am thinking...that people come into your life for a reason.  I am always amazed when I learn more about a person and realize how much we have in common.  It's uncanny.  



I am thankful for...the abundance in my life.  Everyone struggles at times but it is what remains in abundance that sustains us: family, friends, health, optimism, faith, good will....



From the kitchen...I have nothing!   Honestly I'm tired of cooking.  Tonight just might be cereal and milk for supper. (btw last week's lemon ricotta cake that sat for three days before being served was delicious!) 



I am wearing...school clothes. Cream colored sweater, brown patterned open swing vest, khaki pants and soon my brown boots.    



I am creating...valentines!  Melted wax prints incorporating silver oil pastel all in seasonal colors.  I'll be mounting these on black card stock and writing a message inside each card.  I wish I could work on such projects all day every day! I finished assembling the cards for a parent at school.  She loved them! 



I am going...to go to bed early tonight as last night's sleep was fitful and interrupted by Fluffy my alarm cat!



I am reading...the new Percy Jackson book.  It's great so far. 



I am hoping...that picking up the morning hours at school will not be overwhelming.  The class is challenging and I'm not entirely sure what I am walking into.  We'll find out on Friday.  My plan is to do a lot of observing and only intervene if absolutely necessary.



I am hearing...the tv.  R is watching the Chopper show on Discovery.  The patriarch on this show bugs me to no end.   





Around the house...I see much work to be done.   There are always jobs waiting to be completed.  It is a lived in home.  That is ok with me. 



One of my favorite things...is going to bed early and curling up under my cozy covers!  (30 minutes and counting)



A few plans for the rest of the week:  getting through Valentine's celebrations at school, n's haircut, back to Friday mornings at work, open house on Saturday and resting and relaxing on Sunday. ,



Here are two pictures I am sharing..







Peace!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails