Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...I see the darkness of a fall evening and realize that the winter will be upon us before we are ready!

I am thinking...about how I enjoy sitting on the couch with N as he watches his show and I work on my computer.  Sitting quietly and happily together.  

I am thankful for...the family that sustains me; dear friends who constantly amaze me by their caring and love; a life that is fulfilling even when difficult and the warmth of a an old favorite throw! 

From the kitchen...glows warm light.  I wish something yummy was cooking in the oven.  This weekend I hope to make Nanny's homemade Irish bread.  I have not made this recipe in some time and I know it will make me feel close to my Mum.

I am wearing...brown pants and several layers of black on top.... black thin long sleeve tshirt, black short sleeve sweater and black with cream stitching detail vest.(it's kind of my uniform!)

I am creating...a peaceful home that sustains all of my family. 

I am going...to try to enjoy every moment like it were my last because life is too short and unpredictable.

I am reading...Guardians of Ga'Hoole.

I am hoping...that N is able to manage if the science teacher returns to school and that I can help to make a positive change in that situation. 

I am hearing...the drone of the television.

Around the house...there is much to do as always!  Items to organize, mail to sort, cleaning to finish and family to love.  

One of my favorite things...other than relaxing with family is to enjoy artistic endeavors; especially photography.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  finish up curriculum updates and newsletters for school, visit with my Godmother F on Friday hopefully and perhaps even a meeting with N's school. 

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...(to be uploaded late on the 20th due to blogger maintenance)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails